Who Am I?

My photo
Writer, director, musician, and multimedia junkie. www.felixemartinez.com © 2008-2009 F.E.M.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 27, 2008

    Return To Sender

    Looks like Best Buy has begun returning all HD-DVD product, so if you have some BB gift certificates and/or want to drop by a store to pick up some titles in that format, it appears that it's now or never.

    While it was not entirely a surprise that the Blu-ray/HD-DVD format war was going to end soon, I am rather shocked at how quick and final the coda is. Corporate heads are rolling, product is being returned, retailers are offering refunds. Wow. And it's not even the end of the first quarter.

    The good news is that Blu-ray seems to be taking off now that there's no war. And thank goodness, because I'm more excited about home theater than ever before. It's now possible to completely eclipse the quality of your local cinema with a decent home theater system. While this was previously (and sadly) possible with DVD, now it's just no contest. There. Is. No. Reason. To. Spend. $10. A. Ticket. And. Put. Up. With. Chain. Theater. "Quality." Ever. Again.

    There's nothing like a proper theatrical presentation, but I've just given up on the theater chains. Good thing that's not my problem.

    Happy Blu Viewing!

    No comments:

    © 2008 Felix E. Martinez