Who Am I?

My photo
Writer, director, musician, and multimedia junkie. www.felixemartinez.com © 2008-2009 F.E.M.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 10, 2008

    Rambo Blu-ray Release Includes iTunes Version

    Lionsgate's upcoming Rambo Blu-ray release will include a digital copy of the film in iTunes format - so says Blu-ray.com. While it's cool to have the convenience of a digital copy included for use on a portable device, I have two observations:

    1) Everyone that has a Blu-ray drive in their computer raise their hands. Thought so. So how are we to transfer the digital copy to our computer? Maybe I'm misreading this and Lionsgate is somehow providing the digital download gratis via iTunes. Otherwise, this feature is way too ahead of its time.

    2) Films on cell phones and other portable devices - once you get past the convenience and novelty - downright looks like shit. Sorry. I know mpeg-4 is a great codec and all, but feature films simply do not communicate well from the palm of your hand. I guess if you're on a plane or something, or in a waiting room with sick folk coughing all over you it might be worthwhile to have, just to pass the time. This little spoof - which makes use of director David Lynch's thoughts on the matter - pretty much sums up my feelings about the whole thing...

    Peace. Out.

    No comments:

    © 2008 Felix E. Martinez