Who Am I?

My photo
Writer, director, musician, and multimedia junkie. www.felixemartinez.com © 2008-2009 F.E.M.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 18, 2008

    A Blu-Fay Day...

    As I sit here and wait for Tropical Storm/Hurricane Fay to pass me by, I decided to take a look at my "buy" list of upcoming Blu-ray releases. These are just the ones I want to get. I'm gonna go broke:

    Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2 (I'm tired of waiting for The Whole Bloody Affair version) - 9/9
    Speed Racer (WB skimped on the audio; I guess after its remarkable failure at the box office, the studio seems to want to bury it for good; nonetheless, I loved the film - it's a hoot and it should still look and sound pretty darn amazing on Blu-ray) - 9/16
    Risky Business - 9/16
    The Godfather Collection - 9/23
    L.A. Confidential - 9/23
    Iron Man - 9/30
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original, of course) - 9/30
    Ghostbusters - October (TBA)
    Sleeping Beauty - 10/7
    Young Frankenstein - 10/7
    The Ultimate Matrix - 10/14
    Poltergeist - 10/14
    Assorted James Bond On Blu-ray - 10/21
    The Polar Express (2D and 3D special edition) - 10/28
    Shawshank Redemption - 11/4 (may be delayed to 2009)
    JFK - 11/11
    Band of Brothers - 11/11
    Wall-E - 11/18
    Casablanca - 12/2
    Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - 12/9
    Taxi Driver - 2/3/09

    I had Amityville Horror and Carrie on my list, but MGM has dropped all the extras that were on the last DVDs while still pricing them at $40 a pop. No thanks. A big slap on the hand (and the forehead) for those folks. Rental time for those titles...

    No comments:

    © 2008 Felix E. Martinez